This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.
If you have a blog in the beauty field, you may find yourself running short on beauty blogging ideas and topics at times.
Beauty can seem like a narrow niche at times, but there are actually a lot of topics within the subject that you can tap.
From skincare topics to makeup blog ideas, there are plenty of beauty topics to write about. There are even topics within topics!
You can get very detailed about specific topics, create listicles of products, or provide how-to guides. Don’t forget to include videos as google likes these in blog posts!
Haven’t started your blog yet? Try this easy, 6 step guide.
145 Beauty Blog Post Ideas
If you need ideas for beauty blog posts and topics, try this monster list to get your creative juices flowing!
And, don’t forget that you can mix and match ideas and categories.
Makeup Blog Topics
Blog topics and posts about makeup are an ideal beauty blogging idea. From product reviews, to tutorials on specific looks, this list should keep you writing!
- How to achieve the no-makeup, makeup look
- Your 5 minute makeup look
- How to get the smoky, cat-eye look
- Best lip pencils on a budget
- Makeups worth splurging on
- Favorite drugstore makeups
- Budget-friendly replacements: High end makeup product and the budget-friendly version
- Top makeup brushes
- Secrets from makeup artists
- The makeup toolkit everyone needs
- Iconic looks to copy and how
- 7 Lip looks to try
- Best blushes
- How to know the best colors for your face
- Top makeup brands and why
- Toxic free makeup
- How to countour your face
- Individual product reviews of makeups you like
- Makeups to steer clear of
- A tutorial on primers
- How to create the “dewey” look
- Color tips for fair skin (and one for medium etc.)
- How to apply highlights
- From day-to-night look change ups
- How to clean your makeup brushes (and how often)
- Day vs. night make-up looks
- The best foundations for make-up
- Powder vs. liquid foundation
- Top 5 powder foundations
- BB cream vs. CC cream
Skincare Blog Post IDeas
There are many skincare topics to write about on your beauty blog. Try these skincare blog ideas to keep the content coming.
- Anti aging on a budget
- Tips for anti aging care in your 30s
- Top anti aging products for your 40s
- Anti aging tips for your 50s
- The one skincare item you need now
- Morning skincare routine
- Evening skincare routine
- Celebrity skincare secrets
- The benefits of hyaluronic acid
- Top collagen products
- Winter skincare tips
- Best skincare for oily skin
- 8 best acne prevention products
- Budget-friendly moisturizers
- Retinol products that won’t break the bank
- When should you apply serum?
- The order to apply skincare products in
- 5 facial peels to try
- Best clay masks for your face
- Natural facials you can do at home
- Which peptide products you should try
- Top dermatologist picks for skincare (anti-aging, winter, summer etc.)
- Best facial sunscreen products
- Top 5 BB creams
- Which retinol product is best for you
- Best moisturizer for acne-prone skin (or oily, normal or dry skin types)
- In what order should you apply moisturizer, sunscreen and serums?
- What are the benefits of Epsom Salts for your skin?
- Why should you buy a facial sunscreen?
- A review of face serums
Hair Care Blog Topics for Posts
Another great list of beauty topics to write about can be found with hair care. From styling tips, to masks, shampoos and gels, there are many hair-related beauty topics to write about.
- Top shampoos for oily hair
- Best shampoos and conditioners on a budget
- The one luxury shampoo you should opt for
- Hair clay masks
- Natural hair products
- Postpartum hair loss: why it happens and what to do
- Best heatless hair tools
- Top 10 curling irons
- Wavy beach hair tutorial
- Best dry shampoos
- How to use texturing spray
- Top 5 hair curling creams
- How to cut your bangs at home
- Curly hair tips and tricks
- Texturizing products for your hair
- How to easily create volume
- Best hair oil for your hair type
- Celebrity hair care tips and secrets
- Best products for oily hair (or curly etc.)
- Best hair care products for black women
- How to fix damaged hair
- Best coconut oils for your hair
- How to lighten your hair naturally
- Product review (there are a million products out there for your hair, you can review as many as you want! Plus, this is a place to make affiliate money)
- Hair extensions review
- How to curl your hair with a straightener
- Best hair straighteners
- Heat protection products you need to better protect your hair
- Trending hair color ideas
- Balayage vs. Highlights
Body Care Blog Post Ideas
Beauty blogging can provide lots of topics when you consider all the parts of your life that involve beauty. Skin care, make up, hair care and of course your body!
Try this list of body care blog post ideas for your beauty blog.
- Top 10 sugar scrubs
- Product review of moisturizers, sugar scrubs, body soufflés etc.
- How to tan the safe way
- Top 5 self tanners
- How to have a spa day at home
- Top 8 bath oils
- Sunscreen reviews
- Best hand creams
- The benefits of epsom salts
- Five soaps to buy and five to avoid
- How to pedicure at home
- Trending nail polish colors
- Foot scrubs you need now
- Body cream for dry skin, oily skin or normal skin
- Natural body care products
- Best deodorants that are natural
- Top body oils by skin type
- Body balm vs. body moisturizer
- How to care for your hands
- Best hand sunscreen products
- The after-shower body care routine you need
- Winter body care tips and tricks
- Bath bombs, bath oils, epsom salts and bubble bath
- Best body butters
- Your manicure tool kit for at home nail care
- Facials you can do at home
- Beauty deals
- Review of all the top beauty brands with comparison of each
- How to find the safest nail salon
- What to do if you get nail fungus
Fragrance Blog Topics
Another beauty blogging idea for content is around the topic of fragrance. Here are some fragrance-related beauty posts to write for your blog.
- Best drugstore fragrances
- Favorite expensive, high-end perfumes
- Fragrances gift guide
- Celebrity favorites in perfumes
- Seasonal fragrances
- How to choose the right fragrance for you
- Top brands of perfumes
- Top cologne picks for men
- How to make your perfumes last longer
- The exact way you are supposed to apply fragrances and perfumes
General Beauty Blog Post Ideas
This list is of general beauty topics that you can leverage for just about any related subject. Haircare, body care or general beauty.
- Product reviews (This is an endless subject when you consider all the beauty products out there that you can write about!)
- How-to-guides: You can write a how-to guide for wearing lip liners, nude makeup or smoky eyes. The amount of subjects you can use for a how-to-guide is almost limitless.
- Beauty products on sale
- Natural, toxic-free products
- Beauty routines
- Beauty secrets from celebrities
- Latest trends
- Budget vs. Luxe comparisons
- Beauty tool suggestions
- Gift guides of beauty products
- Brand comparisons
- Best beauty influencers and bloggers to follow
- Beauty box reviews
- Best cases to keep items in
- Favorite beauty devices
This list should help you generate some ideas for beauty-related content for your blog. Try to mix and match some of them for even more variety.
Hope these beauty blog ideas were helpful!
NEXT BLOGGING POSTS
15 Blog Post Ideas for Beginners
14 Best Blogging Platforms to Make Money With
How to Grow Your Blog Email List
Amateur Blogging: A Guide to Starting an Amateur Blog
Tips for Writing an Effective Blog Description
7 Best Free Social Media Scheduler Tools
7 Best Blogging Tools for Beginners
MY FAVORITE HELPFUL BLOGGING TOOLS:
ConvertKit for email automation and landing page conversions
Keysearch for keyword research
Elegant Themes for design themes
Canva for graphic design
Stupid Simple SEO course for SEO tactics
Long Tail Pro keyword research
Fiverr for freelance designers
Tailwind for Pinterest to help boost your blog traffic