This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.
Have you always dreamed of starting your very own lifestyle blog, maybe to find an outlet for your creative energies or to start your own blogging-for-money venture?
You might be wondering what lifestyle blog topics you should choose. Or maybe you need ideas on lifestyle blog post ideas to write about.
To help you on your way to lifestyle blogging success, below is a guide to lifestyle blog topics and post ideas.
In this guide to lifestyle blogging:
- What is a lifestyle blog
- How do I choose a lifestyle blog topic?
- Popular lifestyle blog topics
- 175 lifestyle blog post ideas
- Basics on how to start a lifestyle blog
- How do lifestyle bloggers make money?
Let’s get started!
Why should I start a lifestyle blog?
Did you know that out of over 1.9 billion websites on the internet, more than 600 million are blogs?
Food, travel, health and wellness, parenting and DIY – all blog topics that fit under the lifestyle umbrella – are on the list of top profitable blog niches.
The wide target audience and the multiple ways to earn an income from a lifestyle blog are some of the reasons why starting a blog of your own is a great idea.
Research puts the percentage of internet users who read blogs on a regular basis at 77 percent. That is a lot of potential traffic for your lifestyle blog posts.
People are forever hungry for ideas on how to eat better, travel more, exercise, look more fashionable and have more fun.
In essence they want advice on how to live more fulfilling lives. And your personal spin on one or more of these lifestyle blog topics can make all the difference. Plus, it can be a profitable blog niche.
What is a lifestyle blog?
Before we can talk about lifestyle blog topics, let’s define what a lifestyle blog really is.
A lifestyle blog is simply highly personalized digital content that centers on the blogger’s own particular personal interests and everyday activities.
Lifestyle bloggers often share their opinions, preferences, top tips, expertise and ideas with their readers.
In the beginning, lifestyle blog posts were mostly about the blogger’s personal life.
But, the lifestyle blog has evolved to be more about general lifestyle topics such as health and fitness, fashion and even beauty. Blog posts can be more generalized around education and not necessarily just talking about the writer’s own personal life.
Due to the dynamic nature of lifestyle blogs, it is easy to see why so many internet users are drawn to these topics for inspiration and direction to enhance their own life experiences.
As a lifestyle blogger, you will offer your readers a unique blend of content, topics and blog posts.
Many lifestyle bloggers start out with a single niche, say fashion or food, and then expand over time, to include other related lifestyle topics like beauty or health.
What differentiates a lifestyle blog from a personal one is what readers get from reading the content.
Whereas personal blogs connects with the reader through shared emotional experiences as the bloggers relates their personal life experiences, the lifestyle blog offers readers a bit more in the way of useful advice.
Whether the topic is travel tips, organizational ideas for a more orderly home, or cooking tips for healthier eating. Lifestyle blog post readers are often inspired by what they read, hear and see on their favorite lifestyle blogs.
Want to know how to write the perfect lifestyle blog description for google? Check out this article.
Lifestyle Blog Examples
Gathering Dreams is one of my favorite examples of a lifestyle blog! I love the look and feel. They blog about everything from recipes, to money-making tips and travel.
Another great example of a lifestyle blog is Chasing Foxes. You can read blog posts on their site about relationships, finance, blogging and more.
A Cup of Jo is another lifestyle blog example you can check out. As you can see from these examples, lifestyle bloggers post about a variety of topics!
Okay, so now you have an understanding of what a lifestyle blog is and some examples of lifestyle blog topics, the next step is to decide on a lifestyle blog niche and topic for yourself.
What Should I Write in a Lifestyle BLog?
The beauty of a lifestyle blog is that it includes a lot of possible topics and post ideas. Lifestyle blog topics include everything from health and fitness, to fashion to mom-life.
When trying to figure out what to write about in your lifestyle blog, consider what your favorite subjects are.
Choose something that you love or that you know a lot about. That way, you will have plenty of drive to write and plenty of expertise.
How do I choose the right Lifestyle Blog Topic?
The amount of possible topics, niches and blog articles out there is probably in the gazillions.
It can be overwhelming, narrowing down a niche and a topic for your lifestyle blog. There are so many lifestyle topics to choose from!
When choosing a topic to blog about, here are a few considerations to keep top-of-mind:
- What am I most passionate about?
- Which types of lifestyle topics are most popular?
- What topic do I feel I could write a ton of blog posts about?
- Which lifestyle niches provides a lot of options for making money with?
Think of all the lifestyle blogging ideas you can that might interest you.
The best way to decide on a topic for your lifestyle blog is to consider which one are you passionate about and appeals to you most. However, you should also make sure it is a blog topic that will also help you make money.
With each lifestyle topic you consider, do a little research to see what relevant affiliate marketing programs there are associated to that blog topic.
You don’t want a lifestyle blog topic that only has a few affiliate programs relevant to it, or only low-paying affiliate programs.
To help you along, here is a list of the most popular lifestyle blog topics.
25 Popular lifestyle blog Topics
The following lifestyle blog topics for 2023 are not only the most common, but can prove to be the most profitable too.
- Food (menu ideas, recipes, and cooking tips)
- Health and fitness
- Family and parenting
- Beauty (If you have a beauty-focused blog, try this list of blog post ideas)
- Home improvement and DIY
- Sporting activities (hiking, bike riding, etc.)
- Arts and crafts (painting, scrapbooking, crocheting)
- Home style and design
- Entertainment news
- Special event planning
- Personal finance and frugal living
- Religion and spirituality
- Personal growth and development
- Hobbies and Leisure activities
- Student life
Once you have decided on a niche or topic, the next step is to tackle a few practical decisions regarding your lifestyle blog.
175 Lifestyle blog post ideas
Now that you have your lifestyle blog topic picked out, the name of your blog, domain and web hosting platforms sorted, it is time to get writing.
There are a multitude of ways to angle a blog post from how to guides to top tips to list-based blogs (10 best, top 20), interviews and commonly asked questions.
Here is an excellent guide with blog post ideas for beginners that details some of the types of blog posts you can write.
And, to get your lifestyle-specific creative juices flowing, below are a ton of lifestyle blog content ideas for inspiration. This list of lifestyle articles you can write should give you enough content ideas for the next 2 years!
Ideas for lifestyle blog posts and topics
Depending on the niche of your lifestyle blog, below are several blog post topics and ideas you can use.
Lifestyle Blog post ideas on food
- Quick and easy dessert ideas
- Best diet-specific recipes (gluten-free, keto, carb-friendly, plant-based, vegan)
- Budget-friendly dinner ideas
- 5-ingredient meals
- Favorite traditional dishes
- Top 10 food festivals
- Tips and tricks for successful baking/roasting/grilling
- Cake baking and decorating – commonly asked questions
- Healthy versions of traditional recipes
- Health benefits of a specific fruit/veg
- Cuisines of the world
- Winter soup ideas
- How to host a dinner party
- Creative table arrangement ideas
- Ultimate kitchen cheat sheet
- Interview a local food celebrity
- Top kitchen mistakes to avoid
- Tips on preserving shelf life of food
- Understanding calories and fats
- Restaurant reviews
- Dos and don’ts of following a recipe
- Best baking tips for beginners
- How to plan the perfect picnic
- # Desserts easy on the waistline
- # Uses for chocolate
Lifestyle Blog post ideas on beauty
- Top 10 trendy beauty products
- Top night makeup tips
- Morning/night time skin routine
- Makeup mistakes to avoid
- Top tips to pick the perfect foundation
- Makeup essentials every woman needs
- How to extend the shelf life of your makeup
- Dos and don’ts of shaping eyebrows
- Skincare tips for problematic, dry, oily skin
- Skincare product reviews
- Budget-friendly skincare routine
- Tips on choosing fragrances
- Tricks on how to apply foundation right
- Beauty gift ideas for special occasions (birthdays, Mother’s day)
- # Trendy hairstyle ideas
- # Tricks to make lashes look longer
- Mistakes to avoid when applying eye makeup
- Beauty products worth the splurge
- Date-night look ideas to try
- How to perfect the ‘no-makeup’ look
- The worst mistake to make when applying eye shadow
- How to clean makeup brushes effectively
- Makeup essentials when traveling
- Review of the best beauty apps
- Skincare advice you wish you knew in your 20s
Health and wellness Blog post ideas
- Ways to eat healthy on a budget
- # Yoga mistakes to avoid
- Tips and tricks to mindfulness
- The life-changing benefits of meditation
- How to incorporate meditation into your day
- # Tips to reducing your stress levels
- Why smiling more can lead to a happy and healthier you
- How to gain more quality sleep
- How a life coach can help you achieve your personal goals
- # Ways on how to prioritize your mental health
- Tips to declutter your life
- # Wellness books to read
- Guide to meditation for beginners
- How to identify toxic people
- DIY spa day ideas
- 5 Ways to incorporate more ‘me time’ into your day
- Essentials of a self-care toolkit
- The magic of journaling
- Top 100 inspirational quotes
- # Journal prompts to get you started
- End-of-day routine to recharge and revitalize for the next day
- How to work toward meeting your goals
- # Exercises you can do outside
- How to give up unhealthy habits
Lifestyle Blogging ideas on fashion
- Wardrobe essentials for winter/summer/spring
- Why you should dress as if you are heading to the office when working from home
- Latest top fashion trends you can’t ignore
- Tips to extend the lifespan of your much-loved shoes
- How to spring clean your wardrobe
- Your top 20 favorite accessories
- Maternity fashion ideas
- How to revamp your wardrobe for less
- Tips to create an expensive look on a budget
- How to choose the perfect accessories for workwear
- Insider guide to must-have bags
- How to declutter your purse/handbag
- How to style your outfit like a pro
- Dos and don’ts when choosing a wedding dress
- Elements that define your personal style
- Defining style trends over the ages
- Fashion fails to avoid
- How to wear statement pieces correctly
- Evergreen fashion tips and rules to heed
- Simple fashion hacks you wish you knew
- Tips to surviving sale events
- What to wear to the office/first date/red carpet event
- How to care for expensive fashion items
- Tips and tricks to organize your wardrobe
- How to layer clothes correctly
Travel Blog Topics
- Tips to staying safe while traveling
- List of # travel apps to try
- How to survive a road trip
- # Idyllic train travel holidays
- Essentials for traveling abroad
- # Backpacking adventures not to miss
- Tips and tricks to traveling with children/pets
- Dos and don’ts when making hotel books online
- Best resorts in [insert destination]
- How to see the world on the back of a motorcycle
- How to travel safely solo
- Items to include in your carry-on case
- How to choose the best luggage for traveling
- How to make the right choice in travel insurance
- Top budget-traveling tips
- Must see and dos when visiting [insert destination]
- Foods to try when visiting [insert destination]
- How to travel the world without it costing an arm and a leg
- Understanding travel insurance
- Funniest travel moments
- How to travel responsibly
- Top travel books to read
- How to plan a travel itinerary
- Top honeymoon destinations
- Best family-friendly vacations
Blog Post ideas on home décor and home improvement
- Cleaning hacks you won’t live without
- Creative décor ideas for a nursery
- Should you build a conservatory?
- Guide to measuring curtains
- Trendy children’s room design you will fall in love with
- What to consider when deciding to renovate your home
- # Design ideas to add more natural light into a room
- Design ideas for small kitchens/bathrooms
- Tips and tricks to tiling a kitchen
- Storage and space saving ideas for the kitchen
- Décor ideas for the home office
- Guest bedroom décor ideas
- How to survive a home remodel
- Easy décor updates that won’t break the bank
- Bookshelf design ideas
- The psychology of color in a home
- Beginner’s guide to Feng shui a home
- Décor accessories that create a lasting impact
- Best rug buying guide
- Décor ideas for a coastal/farmhouse/contemporary theme
- How to update tired-looking décor
- What to know when buying a dining room table
- Guide to buying a couch
- How to choose carpets for the bedroom
- How to create an energy-efficient home
Lifestyle Blog ideas on parenting
- Things every new mother should know
- How to raise children with different emotional needs
- How to remain sane when travelling with children
- # Ideas on how to entertain kids at home
- How to teach your children about money
- Guide to choosing child safety seats
- Tips and tricks to organizing kids’ birthday parties
- Birthday party entertainment ideas for 8 year olds
- Arts and craft ideas to keep children entertained
- Essential questions to ask when interviewing a babysitter/nanny
- How to motivate children to do their chores
- How to get your child to eat more veg
- Top 100 books every child should read
- How to get kids to spend more time outdoors
- Fail-safe experiments to try at home with the kids
- How to boost your child’s self-esteem
- Kid-friendly recipes to try together
- What to know when teaching children about their safety
- How to prepare for your child’s first day at school
- Signs that indicate your child is troubled
- How to protect children online
- What is positive parenting and how to go about it
- What every child needs from their parent
- How to deal with sibling rivalry
- How to help a child who is being bullied
Trending Lifestyle Topics for 2023
If you are looking for trending lifestyle blog topics, here are a few popular items right now:
- Self care
- Natural, non-toxic products
- Mom tips and tricks
Blog Post Ideas for Lifestyle Blogs
In addition to all of the blog post ideas for lifestyle bloggers mentioned above, there are some ways to generate new ideas yourself.
One great source for ideas for lifestyle blog posts is social media. Look at Reddit to see what items and topics are popular.
Or search Pinterest’s suggestions on trending topics.
You can also use Google’s Keyword Planner and forecasting tools to see what topics are trending. This is an excellent way to find lifestyle blog topic ideas as it will give you topics people are already searching for and interested in.
How do lifestyle blogs make money?
Here comes the most important question of all – how can you make money from starting a lifestyle blog?
A lifestyle blogger’s reach has the potential to be immense with such a wide market of readers.
And, and since lifestyle blogs enjoy an extraordinary level of interconnectedness with their readers, they make the perfect platform for brand advertising.
There are a few ways that lifestyle blogs can earn an income: sponsored posts, affiliate marketing and advertising. And, the lifestyle blog topic you choose can affect all three of these avenues of revenue.
Sponsored lifestyle blog posts
In essence, sponsored blog posts are blog content that focuses on the products of a particular brand. And, the brand will pay you money for these blog posts!
As a lifestyle blogger you may pass onto your readers useful details about a product; its features and benefits as well as top tips on how to use it. Product reviews are actually a favorite blog topic of readers.
It is a win-win situation all-round: bloggers get paid for their efforts, brands get exposure for their products and the audience is introduced to new products in the market.
There are different ways for a lifestyle blogger to find sponsored blog post ideas and opportunities. One way is to use sponsored networks that will match brands to your particular lifestyle blog niche.
Another method is to approach brands with products your readers will be interested in directly. You can offer them an opportunity to market their products to your readers on your blog through a paid blog post idea you present.
Lifestyle bloggers who have been in the game for a while and have well-established blogs will find that brands will reach out to them, offering to pay them to write up content about a specified product.
Think of affiliate marketing as you would a referral or sales commission program.
You use your lifestyle blog posts to refer your readers to brands and their products. A link to the product is placed on your blog, and when your readers click on the link and make a purchase, you receive a commission from the sale.
Food blogs, for example, often contain links to branded kitchen equipment (food processors, kitchen scales, slow cookers, air fryers, etc.) or ingredients from a specific brand.
Whatever topic you choose for your lifestyle blog, you can find affiliate programs that are related to that topic. If the topic of your lifestyle blog is travel, you can become an affiliate for Expedia or a luggage company.
The methods to earn money from affiliate marketing are similar to sponsored blog posts. You can join affiliate marketing networks such as Share a Sale, FlexOffers or Impact where you can get connected with brands offering affiliate programs.
You can also sometimes get connected to a brand that offers their own individual affiliate program. If you have a favorite brand that you know you want to promote, just google their name with the phrase affiliate program to find them.
Another way you can make money with lifestyle blogging is through advertising.
Whatever the topic of your lifestyle blog is, you can place relevant ads and make money whenever a reader clicks on them.
You will need to be an established blog with a good amount of traffic before you can sign up though. Media Vine requires you to show 50,000 sessions per month on your Google Analytics. Ezoic only requires 10,000 site visits per month.
You don’t want to place ads on your lifestyle blog anyways before you have a lot of traffic. Ads can slow your site down, and in the beginning you need a fast site to help build your SEO and traffic.
Quick basics on How to start a lifestyle blog
For a full step-by-step process to quickly start your blog in 2023, check out this guide. But, below are some quick beginning points on how to start your lifestyle blog.
Choosing a particular niche may be the most important decision you will make regarding your lifestyle blog, but the next step – choosing a domain name is as equally important.
Choosing a domain name
When you come up with a lifestyle topic idea, you also have to come up with a name.
The domain name you choose for your lifestyle blog is the name your readers will connect to and why much thought and consideration should go into crafting the perfect name. The domain name matters because it is the first thing your readers will associate with your blog.
The most important criteria for your domain name is that it is memorable. A unique name that is as easily remembered as it is to type or pronounce.
There are domain research tools you can make use of if you are really struggling to create your own.
Useful tips for choosing a domain name:
- Avoid overly long names.
- Make sure it is unique.
- Try to include a keyword associated with the topic of your blog.
- Using literary devices such as alliteration or rhyming adds to a domain name being memorable.
- If possible and applicable to your blog niche, incorporate sensory words
- Steer clear of including numbers as it could be regarded as a spam indicator by Google
- Make sure the url of the name you choose is available for you to use
You can check the url of your lifestyle blog name in this tool and see if it is available:
Choosing a lifestyle blogging platform
It is particularly important if you are new to lifestyle blogging, to choose a blogging platform that is user friendly and flexible.
It is not uncommon for lifestyle bloggers to change the look and style of their blog over time, so keep this in mind when making your choice.
Your preferred blogging platform should ideally accommodate flexibility and allowance for growth. It should also allow you to customize it and add plugins for more functionality.
WordPress, Weebly, Medium, Blogger and Tumblr are some of the most common blogging platforms utilized by lifestyle bloggers.
Each blogging platform has its own unique set of plus points and drawbacks so you will need to take some time in factoring all before making a decision.
My most important tip on choosing a platform, is to not go with one of the free ones out there like Blogger or Blogspot. It is a common and costly mistake made in amateur blogging.
You won’t technically own your blog, and you will not be able to have a clean, straightforward url.
Instead, you should absolutely opt to use a platform that leverages the wordress.org (not wordpress.com) structure. You can read this more in-depth review of blogging platforms to choose from to help you.
You can also just opt for an easy choice and set-up for beginners by starting your lifestyle blog with Blue Host.
Important must-haves when choosing a blogging platform include SEO (search engine optimization) capabilities, safety and security, customization capabilities, scalability and pricing.
Useful tips for choosing a blogging platform:
- Choose a platform that offers an easy setup for starting a blog.
- Know how much control or creative freedom you want.
- Factor in your level of technical knowledge and experience
Choosing web hosting services
The primary aim of web hosting services is to ensure that a blog or website remains live on internet in order for internet users to access it.
Towards this aim, web hosting companies offer bloggers and website owners’ three important functionalities: domain platform, server and storage space.
Factoring in your needs is an important part of choosing the right fit in web hosting services.
It can be an overwhelming decision deciding on which web hosting company to commit to, but here are a few top ten must-have features your chosen web host company should offer:
- 24/7 technical and customer support
- Reliable remote backup service
- Guaranteed uptime
- Server management services
- Sophisticated security features
- Migration services (preferably free)
- Easy-to-use backend interface
- Affordable packages
- Scalable resources
- Additional services (backs up data regularly, updates server software, etc.)
Blue Host, which I mentioned above is actually a web host, but you can sign up with them and get the blog platform of WordPress and your web-hosting all-in-one.
Choosing a lifestyle blog theme
Practical and technical decisions aside, choosing the look and feel of your lifestyle blog is the most fun and creative step in starting your blogging career.
It is not a step that should be overlooked or rushed because the aesthetic appeal of the theme or appearance of your lifestyle blog will help engage the audiences’ interest.
Once you’ve chosen your lifestyle blog topic and niche, it may help direct the overall look and feel.
Before your audience can read your first lifestyle blog post, it is the appearance of your blog that needs to make a positive impression.
Your audience will be looking for a responsive website that is easy to navigate. Especially on mobile.
Another recommendation for high audience engagement is for content to be optimized for easy readability (readers engage differently with digital texts as they do print).
WordPress is easily the go-to option for bloggers thanks to the innumerable array of exciting design templates (both free and paid premium themes) to choose from.
You can tweak templates, changing colors, font type and size, column layout, image layouts, headers and slideshows. Customizing the appearance of your blog is the easiest way to make your blog standout in a crowded digital platform.
Ok, now it is time to come up with ideas to help you write your first blog posts.
Setting up Lifestyle Blog Categories
When you set up your blog, you also need to choose some lifestyle blog categories. These will be your primary topics, and how you will organize all your lifestyle posts.
The categories are what you see at the top of a website as separate tabs. So an example of lifestyle blog categories might be: Healthy Eating, Fitness, Recipes. These categories all fit in a theme , but the nice thing about a lifestyle blog, is you can have a variety of categories and topics.
Final takeaway on Lifestyle Blog Topics
Starting a lifestyle blog can be a wonderful outlet for your creativity, and an exciting opportunity to make money.
It may take a bit of patience and some work but the endeavor can be incredibly rewarding and definitely worth the effort. Best of all you get to inspire and make a difference in the lives of your readers.
As long as you post quality content and keep your readers engaged, you will enjoy the loyalty of your audience for a long time.
Next Helpful Blogging Posts
MY FAVORITE HELPFUL BLOGGING TOOLS:
Tailwind for Pinterest to help boost your blog traffic
ConvertKit for email automation and landing page conversions
Keysearch for keyword research
Elegant Themes for design themes
Canva for graphic design
Stupid Simple SEO course for SEO tactics
Long Tail Pro keyword research
Fiverr for freelance designers