This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.
What are the best ways to get cash for your used furniture?
Whether you want to make some money quickly, or are moving and don’t want the inconvenience of moving the heavy stuff, there are many apps and sites where you can sell your used furniture.
While selling online has become a lot more lucrative over the last decade or so, it can be hard to determine which application or site is the best. You want a site with the best features and one that has overhead costs that are manageable.
You might want to sell locally, since shipping large pieces of furniture can be a headache in itself.
Or maybe you just want the process to be as easy as possible, especially if you’re limited for time.
In this article, you’ll discover apps connected to some of the most viewed marketplaces that make it easier for you to offload your furniture online or locally for extra cash.
Read on to give your furniture the new home that it deserves!
8 Of The Best Apps You Can Use To Sell YouR Furniture for Cash Right Now
We start with a service that lets you sell a range of household goods, from lighting, tabletop accessories, knick-knacks, and rugs to furniture.
You can sell your furniture for cash with domestic or international shipping, in-person pick-up, or local delivery.
Once you set up an account and make your ad, you can add a small description. And, you can make clear how much you want and whether you’re open to offers or not, giving you flexibility.
You can easily download the app, manage your listings and sell furniture for cash quickly. Respond to messages quickly with the app and accept payment using the stripe payments service.
- This service is great for listings of various styles, brands, and marketplaces. No matter what style your piece is, it will fit.
- A nice feature is that you’re able to see how many people have seen your ad. This might better indicate to you whether your piece is in demand or not.
- You may lose some time and have the frustration of buyers trying to negotiate a price or present a counteroffer you don’t want.
- If your ad doesn’t get much traffic, and if it’s not on the feed, it’s likely people will have to type the name of your piece specifically in order to find it. If your title is wordy or unusual, this might make it harder to find.
Cut Your Cell Phone Bill by More than Half!
Consumer Cellular provides the same cell service as the big guys but with no contract, no activation fee and you can keep your phone number when you switch!
This site has a nice chic look with various home items that have more character to them than what you may find in a traditional home decor store.
And, the best thing is, you can list your items for free with a consignor membership plan.
When you set up your ad, someone at Chairish will approve and touch up your ad and photos for you. This helps your piece garner the most amount of attention.
You can receive and respond to legitimate offers and questions with Chairish.
You also have the option of having delivery handled for you. Whether you want to arrange a local pick-up or nationwide delivery.
- With verified buyers, you know the questions and offers are from people who are genuinely interested in your piece. This means transaction is more likely to occur.
- The ad doesn’t have an expiration date, so as long as you have the item available, you’re able to keep it in the store and wait for the right price and a sale.
- The site takes a 30% commission, which isn’t rare as standard practices go. However, it might see you losing some cash if you’re selling more expensive pieces.
- The ad you create and the photos you use are approved by the curator team. This can take up to a week, so this might not be a viable option for you if you’re looking to sell your piece quickly.
If you have more than just furniture to sell, try these 16 sites like OfferUp where you can digitally sell and buy items.
More Reading: Passive Income Ideas for Students
This is a great option for those who only want to sell in their local town or state.
You can sell your furniture on this app by snapping a photo, entering a short description, and placing your ad. Best of all, it takes a matter of minutes.
The service uses your location to reach buyers and sellers in your area. And, offers are made by sending a text message.
You’ll find that a range of furniture is offered on the site, so if you feel that table or chair isn’t cutting it for you anymore, you can easily list and find a new home for it.
- If you want to offload furniture quickly and you feel it’s a bit worse for wear, you can list it on the free or donations page, where someone is bound to get some use out of your piece.
- The pay now feature means you can have quicker and easier transactions without having to negotiate, which means you don’t have to hold onto your items longer than you want to.
- If you happen to live in a populated city, you’ll notice that there’s a much more concentrated amount of items for sale. This might cause yours to get buried, so you’ll have to do your own promotions to get attention on your piece of furniture.
- You can receive offers through the messaging system but you may haver delays with your responses, so it’s not the most ideal way to sell furniture you need to sell quickly.
Related reading: Highest Paying Apps
Here’s a marketplace that revels in the unusual. There are a range of items that come from different periods, are made of different materials, and have unique looks about them.
This site helps you get the attention of those savvier buyers.
If you have multiple items, you can contact the site service, which can sort the items, and set up an online auction for you if needed Their auctions are for a global audience and last around 5-7 days.
They also fulfill any shipping or pick-up requirements for you, making it even easier to sell your furniture.
Plus, you can expect payment within 30 days. You can get a quick turnaround and don’t need to do any difficult work in trying to promote or sell your furniture pieces.
- It has an easy-to-use sign-up process where you can enter your details and the types of items you have, plus get extra services if you want.
- Their auction process means that your items can get bid up to even higher amounts, helping you to get the maximum price for your furniture.
- The commission they receive can differ depending on the price your item sells for, so the cheaper your item is, the more you may lose in commission fees.
- If your furniture is more wholesale and less antique looking, your items might look out of place on this site and be hard to sell. Doing some research first on whether this is the right place to sell your used furniture is a good idea.
More Reading: Apps that Give You Free Gift Cards
Looking for a Quick Way to Earn Extra Money Online? Try These:
Kashkick: Average users make $250 a month! KashKick.com is the newest way to make money right from your phone. Play mobile games, take surveys, or try new products. Try this super easy way to earn real money, from a trusted source. Join now!
This is probably one of the more popular ways to sell your goods for cash. Everyone knows eBay!
This site and app have an easy-to-use interface. Getting started is as simple as creating an account, listing your ad, and linking up your PayPal information for easy and quick transactions.
The site helps you to create your ad. letting you list it under specific categories and describe its condition as well as upload photos. You can even create 1-day listings if you’re looking to find a buyer quickly.
You can easily change your ad and quickly respond to any questions to make the selling of your item that much easier.
- With the ability to specify auction durations, delivery methods, and item specifics, you can find the right buyer quickly. An easy buy now feature can make the process for your buyers even faster.
- With options including Paypal, credit or debit card, you get paid quickly, even as soon as the buyer receives or collects your item.
- Ebay is a large and popular online marketplace, which will get your used furniture in front of a huge market. If you want to sell furniture for cash, Ebay is a good place to start.
- Sending your item is going to be a problem if the buyer is unable to pick it up. You’ll have to set up the delivery service yourself, which can get expensive if you’re mailing heavier items.
- If you want to upgrade your listing to make it more accessible, like changing any fonts or layouts, you have to pay a fee. In addition, if you want to put a reserve price on your item, you’ll have to pay 7.5% of the price you set, all of these extra fees can add up in the long term.
This is a marketplace that really puts the social aspect into selling. The big draw of this service is that you can sell and browse items in your community easily in a Facebook feed.
Plus, your items for sale will show up to people in other locations if you are able to ship them. The audience of Facebook as you know is huge!
So you are getting your listing in front of a lot of people. And, best of all, the process of selling an item is super easy.
You can easily create a listing with details you think best showcase your item. Uploading photos of your furniture is fast and easy as well.
Even better, you can get friends and family to share your listing, so even more people will see it, giving you the most engagement possible for your item.
I have had a lot of personal success selling furniture for cash on Facebook Marketplace.
- You can search for furniture items nearby you that are similar to yours so you can get a better idea of how much it is worth, as determining value can be a tricky aspect of selling.
- You have more control over how you are paid with options to receive funds from Paypal, cash, or even directly in Facebook messenger.
- If you’re selling more expensive pieces of furniture, you might be asked to provide evidence that your item is legitimate, which can make selling with this service a bit more complicated.
- The social aspect of this type of marketplace can be an issue as you might get more interactions from buyers, but you could experience problems with people who are on the fence about making a legitimate offer.
On Craigslist you can simply make an ad almost like you would for a newspaper.
The site might look a little old-school, but it is still a go-to for many buyers. You don’t have to have an account to start selling, and you can find a lot of local buyers.
You select the option to create a posting, upload photos, describe your item, set your location and that’s it!
You can select the category of the item you’re selling and enter as many details as you think are necessary.
One bonus of Craigslist is you can make your contact information anonymous on the posting. However, replies will still go straight to your email inbox.
Craigslist is an ideal place to sell furniture for cash.
- The service is free to use. In addition, since you arrange payment of your item, you don’t have to pay any commissions or overhead fees.
- If you live in a large city, you can fine-tune your ad so buyers who live closer can find your listing more easily.
- You have the choice to keep your contact information in the listing anonymous.
- If you don’t live in a large area, you might have to go out of your way to advertise, as some people may not use this site to find items locally.
- Being able to set up your own payment can bring about its own problems. In addition, questions are frequently raised over the safety of transactions carried out on the site.
Remoov is an ideal app to sell furniture on. They will actually take your items away and list them in several online marketplaces or physically place them in their brick-and-mortar showroom.
They make the whole process very easy since you can start just by texting photos to 415-969-4060 or uploading them to their site.
You can arrange a pick-up date that is convenient for you. This makes the process of selling your furniture even easier since you won’t have to handle shipping.
Or, if you don’t want to sell it, there is also the option of having them donate or simply dispose of your furniture.
You can expect a comprehensive estimate of your furniture within one day. Or, you can call them to get an immediate assessment, so there’s no waiting around.
- You can donate your item to communities in need. if it does not sell.
- You’ll be notified of the status of your items. You can see if it sells and how much you’ll likely receive.
- This service isn’t free. Plus, you pay for pick-up and any recycling fees if your item doesn’t sell. The amount of these fees can depend on where you live and the volume that you’re donating.
- It might not be easy to resell your items if they’re not the best in quality. This service considers the brand, condition, and resale market, which may work against you.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Sell My Furniture Quickly?
Any service that offers to collect your items is usually a quick way to remove and sell them.
Since services like Remoov will have your items valued and then listed for sale in various marketplaces, it can help you sell quickly.
However, if you want to manage the payment yourself, Craigslist is a good way to go. Especially if you live in an area like Los Angeles that will have a lot of users visit the site and see your ad.
Facebook Marketplace is a popular destination for sellers and selling items can be fast if you set a good price.
With potential buyers close to you, it can save you from having to set delivery or shipment and contacting buyers directly through messenger is easy.
What If I Want To Save On Costs?
Many of. the apps an sites charge fees to sell on them.
However in return, your item is listed on a large marketplace and is seen by a lot of potential buyers.
You may even get services that improve the quality of your listing. Consider using a site like that if you find that you’re struggling to sell your furniture through traditional means.
However, if you really want to save money on costs, you can opt to sell your furniture on sites like Craigslist or Facebook where there will not be any fees or commissions.
Another way to save on costs is to offer to deliver the item yourself or have it picked up by the buyer.
How Do I Determine The Value Of My Furniture?
First of all, you should consider the age and make of the furniture when considering what to price it at.
If your furniture is classed as an antique, you can price it at a higher cost than what you’d typically expect for an item of furniture of the same type.
In addition look on other marketplaces to find items similar to yours and see how they are priced. It will help give you a better and more realistic value for your item.
Which App is Best For Selling Furniture?
The answer to this question really depends on your circumstances and what you are selling. If you don’t want the trouble of shipping furniture, then Facebook Marketplace is one of the best apps. Plus, the selling process is easy.
You can specify pick up only and there are plenty of available buyers in their online marketplace. Craigslist also works well if you don’t want to ship items.
However, if you have something super nice to sell, maybe a verifiable antique then Chairish is a better fit. The clientele will be more likely to recognize and pay for a valuable piece making it one of the best apps for valuable items.
The Bottom Line on Selling Furniture For Cash
You may have some initial anxiousness as you decide where the best place is to sell your furniture. But, any one of the best apps and sites above will work and help you to sell your stuff for extra cash.
Review each of the options, and choose the best one for you and start sellng! Or, better yet, list on more than one site and sell wherever you can get the most money!
NEXT MONEY-MAKING POSTS:
HERE ARE MY FAVORITE MONEY APPS:
Acorns which takes your spare change from purchases and invests it for you to help you make even more money.
Personal Capital for money management. Get a money dashboard, free analysis and personalized wealth advice.